Program / Tickets
Bridging the end of August and the beginning of September 2022, Ostrava will be the venue for one of the competitions of the World Junior Figure Skating Series, the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating. This will be the twelfth time Ostrava will host the event, and the thirteenth time it is held within the Czech Republic. The last time the ISU Junior Grand Prix was held in Ostrava was in 2018.
Ostrava will be the second stop of this year’s JGP series. The entire series includes a total of seven competitions plus the grand final. This year the final will be held in Turin, Italy. The final previously took place in Ostrava in 2005. Since 1997, when the ISU started the series for the first time, the ISU Junior Grand Prix has already been held in Ostrava eleven times. Nowhere else in the world has the ISU Junior Grand Prix series been held more often than in Ostrava.
Ticket price: CZK 100 / competition day
The following are allowed free entry:
- Children under 15 years of age (must prove themselves with a student card, insurance card, etc.)
- Persons with a disability and holding a TP, ZTP and ZTP/P card, including one accompanying person
- Tickets are not sold for specific seats or sectors. It is, therefore, possible to watch the event from any place within the designated sectors of the arena, which are open to spectators
- For official training on Wednesday 31st of August, entry is free of charge
- Within one day, if visitors leave the arena during breaks in between programs, the visitor will receive an identification bracelet to return to the hall. On confirmation of the validity of the bracelet, they will subsequently be allowed to re-enter the hall
- Ticket sales are only at the on-site box office, advanced ticket sales will not be possible
- Credit card payments will be accepted
- Entry to the arena for spectators will only be possible through the entrance from Závodní street, where ticket offices will also be open
Grant of consent
By purchasing a ticket or by entering the premises of the OSTRAVAR ARENA, you consent to the taking of photographs and sound and audio-visual recordings of your person. These photos, sound and audio-visual recordings can be used by the organizer for any advertising, promotional and similar purposes, free of charge.
If you do not want to be photographed, please contact the organizers of the ISU JGP Ostrava 2022 or the photographers directly.
PROGRAM ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating, Ostrava 2022
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
From 9:15 until 19:15 Official practice sessions of all categories
Thursday, September 1, 2022
11:30 Men – Short Program
14:50 Pairs – Short Program
16:15 Women – Short Program
Friday, September 2, 2022
11:30 Ice Dance – Rhythm Dance
14:30 Pairs – Free Skating
16:10 Men – Free Skating
Saturday, September 3, 2022
10:30 Women – Free Skating
16:15 Ice Dance – Free Dance
Exact times for individual categories will be specified based on the number of registered competitors.
You can watch the competition from Ostrava live on the official ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Youtube channel.
Accurate and up-to-date timetable including starting lists of all categories can be found HERE
Ruská 3077/135, 700 30 Ostrava-jih-Zábřeh
Parking and transport
For parking, use the parking spaces in the Parking “A” and Parking “B” sections.
Transportation by car
From the direction of the D1 highway, Havířov, Frýdek-Místek and Opava, it is best to use the route along Rudná Street, then along Závodní Street. Signs labelled SPORT ARENA lead to the arena from all directions. The parking lots at the OSTRAVAR ARENA are accessible from Závodní street.
Tram No. 3, 11, 19 – Sport Aréna stop (Závodní Street)
Tram No. 2, 7 – Sport Aréna stop (Závodní Street)
Tram No. 12 – Palkovského stop
Bus No. 31, 45, 61 – Městský stadion stop
Entrance to the arena for spectators
Entry to the arena for spectators will only be possible through the entrance from Závodní street, where ticket offices will also be open.
The stands in the sectors marked with the letter “B” will be opened for spectators in the arena.
All entrances to the OSTRAVAR ARENA are barrier-free, there is a barrier-free bathroom in the vestibule. Seats for the disabled are located on the ramp in front of grandstand B8, or individually according to the nature of the event and the configuration of the hall. The maximum number of seats is 17 + escort.
Prohibited items, visiting rules
- Weapons of any kind
- Glass or glass objects
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs
- Fireworks/rockets, flares, smoke bombs and other pyrotechnic items
- Political and advertising materials
- Unfolding objects such as; ladders, stools, chairs, boxes or suitcases
- Poles for flags or banners, including telescopic ones
- Flags and banners larger than 5 x 3 m
- Vuvuzelas and pressure horns
- Laser pointers
- Suitcases, large bags or backpacks larger than 30 x 30 cm
- Cameras, video cameras and other devices for the purpose of professional sound or image recording